2018 Ford Explorer Norwood, MA
While the crossover SUV class continues to gain market share, there are still many drivers out there who prefer the enhanced performance, cargo room and comfort provided by the mid-size SUV class. With sterling credentials for producing industry-leading utility vehicles, Ford’s newest mid-size, the Explorer is here. The 2018 Ford Explorer gives drivers all the performance they need – offering a cornucopia of engine options, and towing ability. Families will love Ford’s commitment to safety and comfort for all passengers in this rugged, capable SUV.
For 2018, Ford has updated the design of the Explorer with a brand-new front grille, signature LED lighting, quad exhaust tips on the Sport trim level, and newly-designed wheel options. A leader in versatility, the 2018 Ford Explorer is available in four new color options. Ford has made passenger comfort and convenience upgrades as well, offering wi-fi onboard, and Ford’s cutting-edge Safe and Smart package which bundles incredible features that will give passengers extra safety, and drivers peace of mind.
|Up to 5,000 lb towing capacity||Available Lane-Keeping System||Newly-designed grille|
|6-speed paddle shifters standard||SYNC® Connect with FordPass™||Front and rear LED signature lighting|
|Up to 365-horsepower; 350 lb-ft. torque||Available active park assist||Available 20” Machined Alloy Wheels|
|Standard trailer sway control||Standard rear-view camera||Standard roof rack|
The 2018 Explorer is Safe and Smart
The 2018 Ford Explorer includes Ford’s new Safe and Smart Package. This innovative suite of, potentially life-saving, features provides cutting-edge safety intelligence for drivers and passengers. The Safe and Smart Package includes:
- Blind Spot Information System – Until pillars are no longer a thing, we must worry about our vehicle’s blind spot. Ford’s Blind Spot Information System uses radar to make sure the coast is clear before switching lanes, or merging. If present, a warning will sound alerting you to the danger.
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support – It’s annoying to have to change your cruising speed when freeway traffic gets heavy. Ford’s Adaptive Cruise Control changes your speed to maintain a safe following distance without you have to hit the brake and re-set the cruise control.
- Cross-Traffic Alert – When you’re backing out of a parking space, you have major blind spots. Cross-Traffic Alert from Ford will alert you if another vehicle is moving perpendicular to your parking space, avoiding or minimizing collision.
- Lane-Keeping System – A brilliant system that monitors the road while you’re driving, keeping an “eye’ on left and right-hand road markings and alerting you if your vehicle diverts from this traffic lane. If necessary, your 2018 Ford Explorer will steer you safely back to the center of the lane.
- Auto High-Beams – Like Adaptive Cruise Control, this one is as much about safety as it is convenience. When you’re driving at night, having to think about turning off your high-beams for other drivers takes your attention away from driving. Ford’s automatic high-beams will switch to regular headlights when another vehicle is approaching, or when you are following a vehicle in front of you.
- Rain-Sensing Wipers – Another thing you don’t have to worry about.
The 2018 Ford Explorer gives drivers looking for performance and comfort needed safety and technology upgrades. By wrapping them in a package as distinct and sophisticated as Ford has designed for the 2018 model, you really get it all!
For information on the 2018 Ford Escape, or to schedule a test drive, contact us today!