2018 Ford Edge Norwood, MA
Ford is all about giving drivers choices. While competitors jump from their small crossover offering to a full-size, Ford has found a lot of drivers in the middle who want the safety and utility of a full-size crossover SUV, but don’t need a ton of space. Celebrating its 11th model year, the 2018 Ford Edge hits unique point of the market. The lack of competition has not prevented the Edge from staying competitive, however. The 2018 Ford Edge is proof of Ford’s commitment to competing across class lines with other crossover manufacturers.
The first thing you’ll notice about the 2018 Ford Edge is its stylish exterior. With the sleek appearance of a luxury wagon, and substantial ground clearance, the Edge is an athletic and bold crossover SUV. Stepping inside, the spacious interior will impress the tallest drivers. The cabin design and infotainment user experience on the 2018 Ford Edge lends itself to a comfortable and convenient drive.
2018 Ford Edge Safe and Smart
The 2018 Ford Edge gives drivers the assurance of a larger crossover, or SUV. With available, intelligent all-wheel drive, you can drive with confidence through any weather, knowing that your vehicle is utilizing multiple sensors to ensure and balance traction.
The 2018 Ford Edge features available Safe and Smart package. This cutting-edge suite of safety technology features adds another layer of protection to the most perilous driving scenarios. Included in the Safe and Smart Package are the following:
- Adaptive cruise control - It's easy to lose focus when you're cruising on the highway. It's also inconvenient to have to constantly cancel your cruise control and reset it after passing the slow-moving vehicle in front of you. Adaptive cruise control senses the presence of vehicles in front of you and adjusts your speed to ensure a safe following distance is maintained.
- Collision warning with brake support - If an object or vehicle enters your path of movement, onboard cameras and radar will be able to detect it. Processing this sensor input allows your 2018 Ford Edge to signal that a collision is likely without intervention. If your 2018 Ford Edge doesn't sense a reaction from you, it will begin engaging the brakes to avoid or minimize the severity of an impact.
- Blind-spot information system - Attempting to change a lane can be a daunting task. Your 2018 Ford Edge can make it easier. Using radar, a vehicle in your blind spot is detected and you are warned before attempting this maneuver, keeping you and your vehicle safe.
- Lane-keeping system - Your 2018 Ford Edge uses sensors and cameras to determine the lane lines of the road you are on. Should you unintentionally cross those lines, the system alerts you. If you continue to drift, or do you not adjust your position, the system will gently guide you back to the center of your lane.
- Auto high-beams - This incredible feature uses a windshield-mounted camera to detect oncoming traffic. Your 2018 Ford Edge is able to automatically switch between low beams and high beams. Night driving has never been easier or more convenient.
- Rain-sensing wipers - Your wipers sense rain and automatically start/stop. Based on the amount of rain, they will change speed as well.